Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Tea Party

Today was a good day. I went to Olivia's Preschool for a Mother's Tea Party. It was so cute. I was choked up on numerous occasions. When I arrived I was greeted by Olivia saying "Welcome to our Tea Party" and she gave me a little sunshine corsage she made that said I Love You. Then she led me to my chair right across from where she was sitting. After all the moms were seated they sang, Skitta-ma-rink a dink. It was so cute. Then Miss Mary read a paper that she had each child answer with questions about their moms. It was so sweet. Some of the answers were interesting but all very insightful! Here are Olivia's:



My mother's favorite color is: purple


My mother's favorite food is: soup (not really sure where she got this one, except I eat soup for lunch a lot)


My mother's favorite thing to do is: Play with us!


My mother looks prettiest when: She goes to church


My mother is really nice when she: takes us somewhere


My mother gets mad when: we do something that makes her mad


My mother is happy when I help with: Kendal


My mother love me because: we love her back


I love my mother because: she loves others




I loved it. She was so embarrassed and giggled alot. She looked like she was crying, but later told me her eyes were just watering. Then they sang "You are my Sunshine." It was just what I needed today. Then they pulled up their chairs so they were sitting really close to us and served us some juice in fancy cups and cookies. Olivia was whispering to her friend to make sure and watch her mom's cup so that if we ran out they could refill them. I loved it! It was so fun and so sweet to have a special little occasion to share with her.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your guy's stories. My favorite two pictures are of olivia and Ethan on Easter where Olivia is doing who knows what. And of coarse the one with Eileen. That picture just tells a million different stories! I like this blogging 'PP' thing. Great Idea!

Jenn said...

Olivia is hilarious that post cracked me up. Your kids are adorable especially baby Kendal.